Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Seeds from Sweden


This past Fall a fellow Blogger from Sweden, Hanna (whose garden blog is:  I Tages Tradgard ), sent me some seeds which were planted this Spring in the Gardens at Waters East.  Following are a few photos of those seeds, now mature and blooming their hearts out!  It has been a wonderful experience not only receiving the seed gift from Hanna but also now seeing them grow and bloom.
What a great way for gardeners from far away to share in their hobby (or as Hanna says on her blog – “passion”) and the mutual joy of gardening.  Each time I walk by those flowers, I am reminded of the gift that brought them here to the shores of Lake Michigan in the USA.
Enjoy the photos.
“Thanks much Hanna for sharing your garden with me and those who read this blog.”

 The first flowers posted here are of Rosenskdra - Candy Stripe


 The color white before changing to the more mature "pink"




 Someone looks hungry



This second flowers posted are from the seeds of the Opiumvallmo  Poppy

 Just about to bust open



This final photo (always like seeing Lake Michigan)
is an overview of the Gardens at Waters East looking East



NOTE:   Since this Blog is meant to be an accurate journal of the gardens;
no photos are “staged”, “arranged”, or ”photo-shopped” in anyway.
What is posted – is what it here.  It is what it is.

If you wish to email a message or share photos of your garden
please do that through this Blog site or with an email to:


1 comment:

  1. Oh John, they look just lovely over there on the shore of Lake Michigan. It makes me very happy to see them bloom at your place, and it makes me think that blogging relly is a wonderful thing! I'm glad you like them too, since they are some of my favourites. Is it ok if i borrow some of your pictures? I will write a post about the seeds that flew over the Atlantic later this week. All the best to you! Love Hanna

    ReplyDelete